Friday, February 11, 2011

Terrain & Asphyxious

I picked up some PVA glue today to get started on some board work, aiming to get it done for FloodWar Adelaide. It should be good practice for the Morrowguard display board now in seperate pieces thanks to some random foam cutting last night before a bit of WoW.

On the way to me is some shapeable router wire for the cutting of trenches, so with any luck the big multipart plan I came up with will actually happen, I'm gunna work on boards 3 and 4 for now, as they're not quite as involved as board 1 and 2.

I've just ordered an Asphyxious 2010 to replace the one Daniela will (hopefully) be taking to Egypt with her. I've got ideas on the conversion, we'll see if I can wait long enough to get some wings off the new Scavenger bonejack, but in any case I think he'll get some nice Wrastler heads as shoulderpads, and he'll definitely have some souls.

The only part I'm not sure about is his arms.  I'm tempted to replicate how the green fireball is coming out of my current Asphyxious with the souls, but I'm tempted to do something with his weapon or his chest - I'd love to make his chest open as he's feating, but I think that's a project for another parts order, so maybe just have the weapon point down impaled in a body, with souls flying up to his hand?  I think I'll hafta grab something Circle for the base...

Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment