Thursday, March 31, 2011

Conquest Preamble

I'm starting to work on my Conquest lists, with a lean towards using some slightly different stuff and not be yet another eAsphyxious player (on a personal note, I've been playing 6 years and barely used him, and only recently got the urge to - but whatever, forum bitching has guilted me out of it, and that pisses me off a little).

It's a 1 day, 32 player, 2 list, standard SR2011 event in Melbourne on good friday. Here's what I'm thinkin.

Army Name: 50 eDenny Conquest TierA
Cryx
Theme Force: Shadow Play Tier 4
50+6 points, 30 models

Wraith Witch Deneghra +6 points
* 3x Defiler 5 points each
* Nightmare 10 points
* Skarlock Thrall 2 points
10 Bane Knights 10 points
10 Blackbane's Ghost Raiders 9 points
2x Pistol Wraith 3 points each
2x Warwitch Siren 2 points each


eDenny has always been a good choice for scenario play, but I've never really liked her until recently (much like eAsphy). First off, everyone likes a scantily clad zombie girl, but second her Theme list looks pretty fun and competitive. Lack of Tartarus is a bit worrying, but with Blackbanes recycling, 3 nasty sprays mounting Arc Nodes, and the ever present Warwitches and Pistol Wraiths I think it's got good potential.

I'm a little concerned with only one heavy - but it IS Nightmare, so as long as it lasts it'll pack some nasty damage. I'm primarily thinking Assassination with this list, and I think it'll be the better of the two against Hordes with so many damage sources. As a Tier4 list it gains deployment zone room, SPD boosts solos with pacman ghosts on turn 1, gives the battlegroup Ghostly also in turn1, and I think gives me a free Machine Wraith that iBodger may have forgotten about.

Army Name: 50 Termy Conquest TierA
Cryx
Theme Force: The Ghost Fleet Tier 3
50+4 points, 34 models

Lich Lord Terminus +4 points
* Deathjack 12 points
* Scavenger 4 points
* Skarlock Thrall 2 points
6 Blackbane's Ghost Raiders 6 points
6 Bloodgorgers 5 points
Captain Rengrave 2 points
Darragh Wrathe 4 points
General Gerlak Slaughterborn 3 points
6 Revenant Crew 5 points
6 Revenant Crew 5 points
3 Soulhunters 6 points


Boss of all PG Jen Ikuta can be blamed for this - although every five minutes I feel like I'm changing my mind on elements. Like the eDenny list it hits deep in Termys theme at Tier3 - I love Harrowers and have a very special spot in my heart for my Leviathan, but every time I looked at the list with even one extra heavy it felt too infantry light.

I'm not sold on the Soulhunters, but with Darragh Wrathe they're worth a go. Speaking of, he's part of a trio of nasty solos that along with Rengrave and Slaughterborn I both love the look and feel of. Throw in Revenant crew for cheap nasty flavouring, a dash of Blackbane to do some nasty things, and a nice meaty unit of Bloodgorgers and I think I've got a semi decent scenario/objective list, with yet again fantastic assassination potential.

I'm not sure on Stalker vs Scavenger, but I figure two flying reliable hitters are better than one? The Tier3 bonus gives me faster and Incorporeal revenants for the first round, and lets me fit in the model I just won't have fun without - the always enjoyable Deathjack.

So, thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment