Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cryx lubberly Cryx

Daniela and I had a game the other day (it's been quiet, I'm on day 17 of 13 days on 3 off), and I finally got to try out Mortenebra Tier4.

Army Name: 50 Morty TierA
Cryx
Theme Force: Infernal Machines Tier 4
50+4 points, 18 models

Master Necrotech Mortenebra +4 points
* Deryliss
* Corruptor 7 points
* Deathjack 11 points
* Seether 8 points
* Slayer 5 points
* 4x Stalker 4 points each

3x Necrotech 1 point each
3 Scrap Thralls
2x Warwitch Siren 2 points each


Admittedly it was a loss, but I've come to expect my darling girl to whup me, especially when I'm trying something new. It was close though, Grievous Wounds on the Stalkers made a nasty difference against the Trollbloods she had borrowed (yeah, that's right, she beat me with a foreign army!). I think the Corruptor kind of let me down, against big heaps of medium based Tough models it's just not great. I was fairly hesitant about so few infantry, but with one Warwitch Seducing a Trollkin Chamlion into hitting the Axer for half it's health, and the other dancing on a flank holding up a full squad of Fennblades, I was fairly content.




Good times. I also got some more Prussian painting done this week, a little before and a little after work adds up fast, especially with such small and fantastic models. My Teutoburg Neun are nearly done, I just need to clean them up a tad, do some decking details on them and the Cruisers, and then it's on to what I expect will really make the models shine - markings and flags.




Coincidence that Wikipedia's article of the day is on Emperor Frederick III, no? I'm thinking hot swappable squadron flags, and Maltese Crosses across the board. I might do some battle damage to the paint and/or minor markings detail too, if I can find the time.

Lastly, the Road to War Community Choice ended yesterday, and the Morrowguard came a healthy second. Chunky's Protectorate and Trollbloods just prooved too good for my Cygnarans, but I'm quite happy not to win - I'm paying for the prize, it would have had to have gone to someone else anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment