Monday, January 24, 2011

Taking n00bs to Slaughter School

I've got a bit of time in the cab on the way to the airport home, so what the hell. The project after Team Warpigs will be Slaughter School - finally making use of my Satyxis Blood Witches, stealing Daniela's unused eSkarre, and stripping back some existing models. Here's the list.

Army Name: 50 eSkarre Slaughter school TierA
Cryx
Tier 4: Merchants of Death
50+6 points, 40 models


Skarre, Queen of the Broken Coast +6 points
* 2x Defiler 5 points each
* Leviathan 9 points
* Reaper 7 points


10 Satyxis Blood Witches 6 points
* Satyxis Blood Hag 2 points
2x Satyxis Raider Captain 2 points each
10 Satyxis Raiders 8 points
* Satyxis Sea Witch
10 Satyxis Raiders 8 points
* Satyxis Sea Witch 2 points
Thanks to the help of Blythy and melbourne PG Matt (whose forum name escapes me) I'm going with what looks like a nice nasty fast list with a few neat tricks (Black Spot + Leviathan, Desperate Pace Satyxis raiders, and Seas of Fate + Reaper come to mind) that also has a nice visual theme - or at least, it will when I plonk down 34 Satyxis with white shirts, plaid skirts, and high heels.

I'm not sure on the jack painting, but I think I'll get fresh jacks and do some conversion work. School books, plaid scarfs and team flags seem a must, but I've also always wanted to do a more spidery Leviathan, so I might get some more legs in my next parts order. I rarely use the Reaper I already have, so I might strip him back along with a pair of Defilers (I own 4 already), and I think I can just paint over on my existing Satyxis as I never did a lot of detail or finushed them.

Should be fun, or so I think now, before starting to paint 34 plaid skirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment