Tuesday, January 25, 2011

eAsphyxious

I've been playing around a little with an Epic Asphyxious list I'm thinking about using to warm myself back into my beloved, and long ignored Cryx. With a good amount of Thralls, some Bloodgorgers, and every Cryx players favourite jack I think it's fairly competitive, and I think not dissimilar from Trent Dennison's finals placing list from Arcanacon this weekend gone.

Army Name: 50 eAsphy
Cryx
50+6 points, 32 models

Lich Lord Asphyxious +6 points
* Cankerworm 5 points
* Deathjack 12 points
* Defiler 5 points
* Skarlock Thrall 2 points

6 Bane Knights 6 points
Bane Lord Tartarus 4 points
10 Bane Thralls 8 points
* Bane Thrall Officer & Standard 3 points
6 Bloodgorgers 5 points
General Gerlak Slaughterborn 3 points
Pistol Wraith 3 points


I'm trying a new blog app as well, hopefully that worked this time.

eAsphy doesn't look like he needs as many Arc Nodes as pAsphy, so I've just gone with a single Defiler. The Skarlock can stick forward for some support, but I expect the DeathJack and eAsphy himself to do the majority of the casting.

The solos are fairly standard, Tartarus to Curse and create more Thralls, Gerlak to mince things and buff his guys so they can't be Knocked Down, and of course a Pistol Wraith to Death Chill and collect souls. I'm quite enthused about that actually, I think it has Gun Fighter now so it can charge into melee - could be quite fun.

10 Bane Thralls are a must for me - I love them, they're my most favourite Warmachine unit of all time, and one of my first purchases. The Officer will be great for eAsphy's feat turn, but let's be honest - what isn't. I included Bane Knights to get some reach action going on, I think they'll be the bulk of the Spectral Legion when it pops, and the Bloodgorgers are just gorgeous models, rules wise, model wise, and paint wise if I may toot my own horn - I got mine to look really menacing.





My only real regret is not fitting in the Withershadow Combine, but I like that this list is still viable (or at least has nothing but the Cankerworms Replicator wasted) against hordes, and the Combine just really feels anti-jack to me.

I've invited some of the guys and my lady over thursday night to kick my ass, so we'll see how it goes. Did I mention I'm really looking forward to destroying things with the Deathjack?

No comments:

Post a Comment