Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hamageddon

Last night I got to bust out the Battlestar Galactica Boardgame my lady dear bought me for our 1 year anniversary (I know, right) after feeding a few mates on my favourite staple food of fajitas, but beforehand PG 'In Waiting' Nic, aka Butler on the forums, threw down a test list for ConVic at me. I was tempted to do the same, with a few different Cryxian options at my disposal, but I couldn't go past the fielding of my Farrow in all their glory. Here's the lists.




Army Name: 50 Carver Hamageddon TierA
Minion Theme Force
Theme Force: The Golden Horde Tier 4
50+6 points, 24 models

Lord Carver, BMMD, Esq. III +6 points
* Gun Boar 5 points
* 4x War Hog 8 points each
Rorsh 9 points
* Brine
4 Farrow Bone Grinders 2 points
6 Farrow Brigands 4 points
6 Farrow Brigands 4 points


Army Name: 50 Nic Grissel
Trollbloods
50+5 points, 31 models
Grissel Bloodsong, Fell Caller +5 points

* Dire Troll Mauler 9 points
* Troll Axer 6 points
* Troll Impaler 5 points
Fell Caller Hero 3 points
4 Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes 3 points
6 Pyg Burrowers 4 points
Troll Whelps 2 points
Trollkin Champion Hero 3 points
5 Trollkin Champions 10 points
5 Trollkin Champions 10 points





5 beasts with the Bringer of Most Massive Destruction seems way too much on paper, but honestly I was really happy with how they performed. I went first, a quick bit of thinking telling me I'd likely get the charge off, and got rather nicely stuck in from round 2. With Mobility up, Aggression Dials turned to maximum, and Carvers feat Hog Heaven giving them overtake, I made some fairly good use of the War Hogs killing around half his champions on round 3.




In the end, I didnt have too many fury issues having lost a few hogs here and there, but admittedly if Hogs Breath hadn't frenzied at the wrong time I might have got a good run in on Grissel. Casualties were heavy on both sides, including Rorsh being ambushed by Pygmy Burrowers, and one thrown War Hog taking out most of the Bone Grinders, but I gave as good as I got taking out all but two champions, the Mauler, and two Krielstone guys including the bearer - the hogs dealt out a ton of damage, very impressively for fighting Trollbloods. Said Mauler, Blanka, was the star of the match, taking out two War Hogs, three Bone Grinders, and finally finding room to stuff Carver in his gullet.

Back on the Cryxian front I've been convinced to attend ConVic in July, so in turn I've convinced Nic we should make it a road trip. I want to take my eSkarre schoolgirl list for one of my lists, but I'm tossing up a tier4 Asphyxious vs a non theme eAsphyxious list for the other. The Scavengers theme is great but I will miss out on my favourite stuff like Tartarus, Slaughterborn, and the Combine, so I might play around with a non theme list yet. My only hesitation with the theme list as I've planned it is dropping one Nightwretch for a Necrosurgeon and a pair of Brute Thralls - the surgeons great, but my boy does love his Arc Nodes. Theres not much to hide him behind either, so we'll see yet.

Army Name: 50 Asphyxious TierA
Cryx
Theme Force: Scavengers of the Line Tier 4
50+6 points, 46 models
Iron Lich Asphyxious +6 points
* Cankerworm 5 points
* Corruptor 7 points
* 2x Nightwretch 4 points each
* 2x Slayer 5 points each
* Skarlock Thrall 2 points
10 Bane Thralls 8 points
* Bane Thrall Officer & Standard 3 points
10 Mechanithralls 5 points
10 Mechanithralls 5 points
3x Necrotech 1 point each
3 Scrap Thralls


It could work, and I do love a theme list (especially at Tier4) but it does feel a tad too vulnerable, it'll need a real good test.

No comments:

Post a Comment