Sunday, May 1, 2011

Machines of Hate

Shamelessly doubled from my painting diary for ConVic on WargamerAU.

I got my Blood Witches assembled this morning, along with the second Raider Captain. It was tempting to swap the heads on the Captain and Blood Hag to bring a bit of variety to what will be 3 otherwise identical solos, but the hood on the Hag's head just didn't suit, so instead I've just done a bit of arm reposing and tried to work the whip around a bit different.

I've had a bit of a re-think after dissassembling my eAsphyxious, and I think I might go with pAsphy instead. I really like his theme list, and rather than spending time and parts converting up an eAsphy I'm not likely to use often, I think I'd rather get my Asphy 2010 assembled with some extras.

Deathjack souls, Bane Thrall spines, and maybe a pair of Ferox head shoulderpads are parts I'm considering for my boy, along with a pair of Scavenger wings. The below list also let's me flex my muscles on the plastic Slayer kit, having a pair in the list I might paint one up to be Asphyxious pet Quarterback.

Have I mentioned I love Theme lists?

Army Name: 50 Asphyxious Machines Of Hate
Cryx
Theme Force: Scavengers of the Line Tier 4
50+6 points, 50 models

Iron Lich Asphyxious +6 points
* Cankerworm 5 points
* Corruptor 7 points
* Defiler 5 points
* 2x Slayer 5 points each
* Skarlock Thrall 2 points

10 Bane Thralls 8 points
* Bane Thrall Officer & Standard 3 points
Machine Wraith 1 point
10 Mechanithralls 5 points
10 Mechanithralls 5 points
Necrosurgeon & Stitch Thralls 2 points
3x Necrotech 1 point each
3 Scrap Thralls

No comments:

Post a Comment